Thursday, April 9, 2009

Blanket - The Communication Issue


"Blanket is an online PDF magazine that uncovers art + design + photography from the talented people who create it." - Blanket Magazine website.

I'm not even finished reading the issue yet, but I just had to share this with you. It's a rather loverly magazine and it's free too (not for long though.) I'm actually quite annoyed that I haven't discovered it earlier. I also think it might be Australian, which is way cool and they're aiming to make it into a print magazine in the future - A magazine I'd definitely buy. Download a copy from the website/blog here.

There's one article featured, titled Hotel Bloom, which I thought was pretty cool. Just the other day I was thinking... When I become rich, (Hey, a girl can dream, right?) I would totally buy one of those big residential development areas. You know the ones that always end up with the houses that look exactly the same, meaning that a) it's boring to look at and b) you ALWAYS get lost. I would buy one of those, and get an artist to each aid in the architectural design process of one house and then once it had been built, go wild and decorate however they wished. Then I could auction the houses off. Not only would it look awesome, but you would get a whole community of people with roughly similar interests. It would be brilliant! I must admit it did pain me a tiny bit after reading the article to find that my idea is not, in fact, completely original; but that's okay! It's still awesome that someone out there is actually doing it.


Well, that's it for now, I'll finish by asking all of you readers to comment below and tell me,

What tremendously creative thing would you do if you were rich?

And if I don't do an Easter post, then HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND to you all! Love and warm hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment